Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Kyanara awnsers your questions; about Mod Podge as a sealer. Unable to reply to questions in the comments.

Hi everyone
I recently got a question from annonymous, if you can use Mod Podge as a sealer for you face-ups. And if the Glue in it will harm your resin.

First of all: 
No, the glue inside won't harm your resin. I have used Mod podge as a way of sealing my tattoo's and they have not harmed my resin in either way.

Mod Podge as a sealer?
Mod Podge is not a sealant you want to use for your entire face-up. Mod podge is not meant to be a sealant like MSC or Citadel purity seal.
Both MSC and Citadel have a grid to them, almost like a very fine sand paper, which hold on to the pastel and paint. Mod podge does not have that  grid and thus won't hold on to the pastel and paint.
Also, If you use Mod podge as you main sealer your face-up will become very verus shiny and that is not really pretty,

I hope I was able to answer your questions.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, you have (in this post and the video) answered my query about Mod Podge/glue/sealant. I decided to order MSC and it is being shipped from China. With good timing it might arrive not long after my IOS doll does :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for hopping by my blog.
I love comments!!!
And I read every single one of them and if possible will reply.